Making changes in life is one of the hardest things to do. We are so set in our ways that we do not see if our way of life is wrong or right. If we do see that something is wrong, its hard to make a change because we are comfortable in our own skin. This is one of the things we have to deal with while adulting, learning and unlearning of our ways and beliefs.
Social media is filled with people making moves or at least pretending to be. We’re all talking about being the better version of ourselves and doing better than our parents. Which is great but i wonder if we’re all just ‘making mouth’. I recently started making positive changes in my life and i realized no one talk about how hard it can be. If you are making real changes in your life, it might be like walking blind a lot of times. You will walk blind sometimes because there will be times you do not know if what you’re doing will work out or if it’s right.
One of the changes i have made to myself is being very honest with myself. Being honest about what I want to do in life and how I want to go about it. Narrowing your many goals and dreams to the top 3 that make you the happiest is being honest with yourself. You cannot do everything. At least for now, stick to the very best things you’re good at and you love and run with them.
Another change i have made is becoming more of a doer than a dreamer. Being a dreamer is great but what is the point dreaming amazing thin gs if you cant bring them into reality? As a dreamer, doing the work to bring the dream into reality is the hardest thing. As dreamers we become so comfortable in our dreams that we wish we could completely disappear into them. Not gonna happen honey.
How i started putting my dreams into reality:
- Sit down (table and chair) and write down all you want to achieve in life.
- Be realistic about your list. Dream about big things that can actually happen in this life. Don’t put things like bringing Tupac back please.
- Prioritize the list. What is more important than what and what can you achieve before the other.
- Map out how you can achieve each of your goals. If you do not have things all figured out that is fine. You can fill in blank spaces as your life goes on.
- Put deadlines. Keep putting deadlines and revising the list as life goes on.
- You can be like me and put different reminders on your phone to remind of your incoming activities and deadlines.
- You can put up notes on your wall or use your list as your gadget’s screensaver. Anything to keep you on your toes.
There will be days you slack but you have to remember that you do not want to be old and full of regret of not living the life you always dreamt of.
The third and last change i made that i will be sharing is to stop complaining and change my life. Complaining about issues DO NOT change the issues. They do not turn your life around. So why do it? I always complained about my routine lifestyle but I would go through the routines daily. Who am I kidding? So, I researched feasible, low budget activities in hope to find things to spice up my life. A whole blog post would be dedicated to low budget activities to spice up your life however, these are two of the things i have started doing that i should have started doing a long time ago:
- Restaurant reviews- i started budgeting for restaurant dates so I could go to restaurants and review their service and food. I will record each experience in a new blog series called THE AFRO’ S FOOD:
- I entered the business world. I opened a retail store called TheAfroAttorney’s Store. You can check out my pride and joy at @t.a.a_store on Instagram. Currently available on the store are the products that finally cleared my acne, You should be familiar with the story of how pimples took over my life here HONEY FACE MASK EPIC FAIL! Well hallelujah, i am now chilling with face as smooth a baby’s bottom.
Life is hard but living with regrets is harder. Regrets of not living the life you wanted, of not living better and of not doing better. Reviewing the way we live is essential for growth. I wrote this in hope that someone somewhere can relate to something here. I am no professional about life but i know a few things about thriving to do better in life.
Like, comment if you have any advice for me or other readers and kindly share.
If anyone is in need of someone to talk to and listen and or help out some way, you can reach me at email@example.com